Sunday, July 14, 2013

Skyrim Dawnguard 3rd Person Crossbow Animation Not Working

So a huge amount of disappointment today when I discovered my game seemed to glitch when I tried to fire the crossbow in 3rd person. Super lame.

At first I was really mad at Bethesda for making it so glitchy, but then I realized it is only really glitchy because of all my freaking mods.

To get it to work I ended following the steps here: http://skyrimforums.org/threads/dawnguard-crossbow-glitch.13637/

1) FNIS (RE-)INSTALLATION fix (should work in most cases):
- remove data/meshes/actors/character/behaviors/mt_behavior.hkx
- (re-)install Fore's New Idles in Skyrim - FNIS. Make sure GenerateFNISforUsers.exe is run
FNIS will overwrite the most common cause of animation glitches (due to old defaultmale.hkx, and defaultfemale.hkx)

2) BEHAVIOR CLEAN-UP:
delete the following files, or move them to a different folder:
- data/meshes/actors/character/*.hkx
- data/meshes/actors/character/behaviors/*.hkx
- data/meshes/actors/character/characters/defaultmale.hkx 
- data/meshes/actors/character/characters female/defaultfemale.hkx
Now of course all animation mods which need behavior files need to be re-installed

Now it works just fine and I am having a great time with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment