Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Xilinx SDK Vivado Issues

Had a new Xilinx Issue with Vivado 2015.4 after a hard drive failed and I had to revert to a back-up clone:

In a project that previously already worked I got

"The following errors were found parsing \directory\system.mss"

In a brand new project, the BSP fails creation of a ton of files giving errors like this:



make[1]: *** [xadcps_sinit.o] Error 1
make[1]: Target `libs' not remade because of errors.
make: *** [ps7_cortexa9_1/libsrc/xadcps_v2_2/src/make.libs] Error 2

 Finally, when trying to create a hello world project I got this:

"The STDOUT parameter is not set on the OS. Hello World requires stdout to be set."

Unfortunately, Google had nothing for me, I did a full reinstall and it works after that. yay fpga development. fml.

--------------------------

Edit. Turns out it is NOT the Xilinx installation. I was using a custom BSP build for standalone that was designed for AMP on the Xilinx forums. I was just unlucky because I had never tried to create a project that wasn't designed to be "Empty" which is the only setting it worked on. For reference Xilinx labels this as standalone_v5_39, you just click on BSP settings and there is a drop down menu to edit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment