Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Windows Hello, HP Simple Pass, Authentec / Digital Persona Driver

So I own a Hp Pavillion Dv7 latptop from back in the day.

Originally, I needed the Digital Persona Drivers coupled with HP Simplepass to sign onto my computer.

The new awesome thing is Windows 10 has a brand new feature called Windows Hello.

Basically once you add a "pin" you can sign in without a load of bullshit.

The original thread I found to help me out was here:
Link

In Short

  1. Download the Windows 10 Lenovo Driver here "Validity Fingerprint Common Driver"
  2. Resetart the Machine
  3. Go to the Device Manager 
  4. Right Click on the Biometrics Device > Properties > Driver > Update Driver...
  5. [Browse my computer for driver software]
  6. [-> Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer]
  7. Uncheck the [Show compatible hardware]
  8. Select Synaptics FP Sensors (WBF) (PID=0017)
  9. Settings > Accounts > Sign-in Options
  10. Create a Pin
  11. Register fingers with Windows Hello 
Yay. 


No comments:

Post a Comment