Friday, March 16, 2012

Niche Miniature Gaming

I'll admit, I am a huge fan of buying miniatures. I love collecting them, and I love painting them. I always feel inspired to board game it up after watching an awesome movie or game. Most recently I have been Inspired by Mass Effect 3. In this post I will list out some popular board games or miniature brands and what purpose I like playing for them, also only brands I have purchased. I am also going to categorize them by the main Nerd Genres.

Best Places to Pick These Up!
Scifigenre.com
coolminiornot.com

Fantasy

Big Battle

Games
  • Warhammer Fantasy (Obviously) - The tons of regiment boxes can proxy in for anything!
Skirmish
  • Mordheim
  • Super Dungeon Explore - More Expansions Please!
  • Dungeon and Dragons
Miniature Brands
  • Reaper TON of Miniatures
  • Kingdom Death
  • Wargods (If you like Ancient Greeks - I got a box of spartans from them)
  • Guild of Harmony
  • Avatars of War
Science Fiction

Big Battle

  • Warhammer 40k
  • Warmachine (Want to Try)
Skirmish
  • MERCs (Want to Try)
  • Sedition Wars (Want to Try)
  • Infinity the Game (Want to Try) - Free Rules Download on their site, infinitythegame.com
  • Hell Dorado (Want to Try)
Anime

Big Battle

  • I don't know of any D:
Skirmish
  • Anima Tactics
  • Relic Knights (No Rules Yet just Miniatures)
Other Games I want to Try:
  • Hordes
  • Malifaux
Zombie? / Modern

  • I use some miniatures in the reaper line at scifigenre, and warhammer zombies

What miniatures have I been buying Lately?

80% - Kingdom Death - I freaking love these minis, unfortunately they are pricey but the world is unlike any other and I have a little bit of that dark side in me!
10% - Guild of Harmony - Surprisingly I bought a bunch of these, they have some really great pieces
10% - Anima Tactics - I just picked up a few cool ones to satisfy my anime crave

No comments:

Post a Comment