Sunday, January 8, 2017

Netgear N900 WiFi Router WNDR4500 Not Working, No Internet Connection, All Lights Good

Strange issue I had configuring my new N900. After I had my modem enabled I could directly connect a laptop with Ethernet to the modem and get internet, but for some reason the N900 did nothing despite all the lights being green. I was also unable to get to the routerlogin.net Netgear Genie page.

Funny story, I called support for Netgear and they were so terrible, my issue got resolved! Turns out the N900 doesn't get the internet going for 15 - 20 min. I just had to wait.

So: If your N900 is not working, and you know it's not the modem try these steps

  • Turn Modem, Router, and Laptop / PC off 
  • Turn Modem back on, wait for internet connectivity light 
  • Turn on N900
  • Wait until all the lights are on and stead 
  • Do a factory reset by holding down the reset pin in the back down for longer than 7 seconds 
  • Let the N900 reset 
  • Wait until the lights are on again
  • Power off the N900
  • Power off the Modem
  • Wait 1 min
  • Power on the Modem, wait for internet connectivity light
  • Turn on N900
  • Seriously, go watch your favorite TV episode, cook a meal, do something else, and eventually the N900 starts working....
  • finish setup on routerlogin.net

No comments:

Post a Comment