Saturday, August 1, 2015

Skyrim Crashes to Desktop (CTD) when looting chests or opening bodies

This actually happened to me when I was trying to click on the body (Gunjar's body) in the tutorial. I ended loading another save file and discovered it occurred when even trying to open chests. I read a bunch of posts and many suggested it could be one of the following:

  • Mod Load Order 
  • Conflicts with Animation Skeleton (X32 Max Skeleton)
  • Corrupt Save
  • Verifying Configuration for missing files with Steam
  • Defrag Machine
  • Video Quality Settings 
  • SkyUI 
  • Heavily Scripted Mods, FNIS etc...

Here is a good reference post: http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/2076864-ctd-when-entering-helgen-keep/

Post #3 more or less had my issue

Turned out there was actually only one issue in that huge list above, the culprit was SkyUI. I had the really old SkyUI and when I updated to the newer SkyUI I didn't fully uninstall the older version and it was having conflicts since some files were moved to the .esp of the new SkyUI where they were folders before. I deleted the old SkyUI stuff and I haven't had a problem since!

No comments:

Post a Comment