Thursday, October 3, 2013

Store Review: SMcG Customs

Store: SMcG Customs
Website: http://66.147.244.127/~smcgcust/Prestashop/
Type: Online Retailer
Description: 

SMcG Customs specializes in any and all 1/6 female items from PHICEN to TTL-TRIAD to HOT TOYS. They also offer many custom made 1/6 scale clothing items and accessories for all styles of bodies, from male Tees to trenchcoats and Female lingerie to Superhero outfits.

SMcG Customs also offers a special order service for almost any 1/6 item imaginable. Originally, they started out with just custom commissions but have in the past couple years grown and expanded. You can also find a lot of their products on ebay.

Background:

I will say when it comes to 1/6 figures I am totally new to the market and hobby in general. I recently fell in love with the idea of them because of the Steamless Bodies that don't show any joints. Originally, I had purchased some larger VMF figures and realized how much I liked them. Then on AmiAmi there was a random link to Phicen and those awesome bodies. I knew I had to have one. The real trouble was learning and reading about them and thinks to OneSixthWarriors I learned a bunch. The next biggest problem was finding a dependable retailer to even think of purchasing stuff from and thats where SMcG comes in.

My Experience:

I first heard about SMcG when I was researching the Phicen Line of bodies on onesixthwarriors. Everyone there keeps talking about some guy named "Chad" and "SMcG" anyway I ended up finding his website and he had some of the things I was looking for in stock. On the forums Chad offers a wealth of experience and commentary about different products. The one thing that really caught my eye was his post about Phicen Nina:

"As many of you know, I stand behind the quality of the PHICEN. When you purchase from me, I dont leave you high and dry if something is wrong.
I still deal directly with PHICEN and take care of all of my customers.

If anyone has a question about NINA, I will do my best to help you out." 


I am pretty big on stores having good customer support and that pretty much had me sold. In addition, I had been reading reviews about Phicen bodies breaking ect...I have pretty terrible luck so I didn't want that to happen to me.

Anyway I ended up ordering some stuff from Chad, it was well packaged and came in with USPS Priority which means 2-3 days from when I ordered. I didn't have any problems with my order and it was great!

Customer Support: 

I can actually comment on this! I randomly emailed Chad through his support email just asking for information. He responded back pretty quickly and answered my question. In addition, my second order from him got messed up, but he contacted me in advance and definitely made the effort to make everything right. So A+ from me for customer service.


Verdict:

If you are going to order any 1/6 dolls / accessories ect... definitely give this store a shot first. Ebay can be sketchy at times and at least you know here Chad has your back.

No comments:

Post a Comment