Monday, March 9, 2015

Dane-Elec Corp. / Gigastone Customer Support

I thought I would share my experience with Dane-Elec Corp customer support.

Background:
I got a P2S-90S "Universal Mobile Charger" for Christmas this year as a gift. Unfortunately for me, the charging USB micro port on the unit snapped off and fell inside the device. Even more unlucky, I didn't have a receipt or even know where it was purchased. I initially sent out an email to service@gigastone.com since I did some research and according to the website for the product, there was a 1-year warranty (http://www.gigastone.com.tw/EN/product/c/4/n2/100). I sent them an email with pictures of the damaged unit and received no response for several days. I wasn't optimistic at that point since I figured they would be one of those companies that ignored small requests like this (thankfully I would be wrong!). Anyway 20 days later I resent the email, but without the pictures, and they must have a web filter rule for blocking emails with attachments, because this time they responded the very next day. The instructions were basically to ship it back to them and package the unit. Unfortunately, they didn't cover shipping, but hey, you can't get everything. I shipped it off to them, and about two weeks later I did get a brand new replacement unit!


Take Away:
Dane-Elec Corp / Gigastone has some pretty great customer service, and they totally do take care of smaller issues like mine. Just make sure when you contact them, don't include attachments. It is great companies like this one still care about customer support.

No comments:

Post a Comment